Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving Week

Our Thanksgiving week started out with a 16 hour drive home from California. Normally our drive is between 10 and 12 hours but driving through a blizzard, determined to make it home, will slow you down a bit. Needless to say, our family was very anxious and thankful to make it home.

We spent the next couple days getting ready for our Thanksgiving feast when we got the sad news that Chris's family was not going to be able to make it. This did not slow us down one bit. Neither one of us really wanted to do without any of our favorites even if we were only cooking for two adults and two children who only want to eat PB&J's.
Olive and William cutting celery for the dressing. They were such big helpers!


After preparing all night and day for the meal, we polished it off in about 15 minutes. as you can tell from the picture, Olive and William aren't very good at dinner conversation.

Besides cooking and eating we did a lot of playing in the snow. They have loved waking up to snow every morning and never fail to scream "Christmas! Mom, can we open presents?!"



Poor Maggie....

Sledding...Which meant me pulling them up and down the street!




William was not very happy at this point.

Homemade Snow-cones!

 I had no idea what I was getting myself into...William is constantly telling me "Mommy, more watermelon snow" The boy is addicted.

 On Black Friday I did go out for a little holiday shopping. I have never done the early morning rush but I wanted to try it and for the most part I really enjoyed it. I think my big belly won me some sympathy and it was a pretty pleasant experience. The highlight of my Black Friday was not the shopping though...It was getting our Christmas tree!

We wanted to cut one down but since the roads were so bad we decided to get one from a lot...As much as I love hiking through the mountains to find a tree, I have to admit this was so much easier and we walked away with the prettiest tree I've ever had...Ever!
The kids have loved every minute of it...So have Chris and I. We had a great week spending time together and I feel like I have so much to be Thankful for. Now that Thanksgiving is over I can't wait for our first Christmas!

5 comments:

  1. Love the blog Kaylee! Can't wait to read more and see more pictures of your beautiful kids. Congrats on what a wonderful year you have had! I really am SO happy for you and Chris. Merry Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the cutest pictures ever. I love the middle two of Olive. She looks like she is a model or something and should be posing for a magazine. I also love the one of Will in the rocking chair and where they are cutting up the celery. Just how big was that turkey? It looks huge. Your tree is beautiful. Thanks Kaylee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! You guys looks so happy and we are so happy for you both!!! We have a permit to go get a tree but I am so so tempted to pick one up at a lot just because they really are so pretty and full! Can't wait to see you guys again, whenever it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so brave to cook a turkey. looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Welcome back to the world of blogging! :) Post some pics of you, Kaylee!

    ReplyDelete